External data protection officer
As specialized IT lawyers and certified data protection officers, we have many years of experience and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of data protection law and related areas of law and thus meet the requirements of Art. 37 GDPR for the training, experience and expertise of a data protection officer.
Our clients come from the following industries:
- Energy providers
- Hospitals / Doctors / Health industry
- IT / software companies / media agencies
- Companies from customer care / support / call-centers
As external data protection officers, we as-ume all the tasks that the GDPR places on external data protection officers:
- Advice on all obligations to be fulfilled by the GDPR
- Monitoring of compliance with the GDPR
- Advice on the implementation of data protection impact assessments (DSFA)
- Cooperation and handling of requests from supervisory authorities
Beyond that we provide:
- Employee training
- Support in maintaining the list of processing activities (Art. 30 GDPR)
- Legal examination and preparation of the data protection Agreements that are to be concluded (data processing agreement DPA, joint responsibility / joint controllership)
- Advice on the fulfilment of information obligations under Art. 12, 13, 14 GDPR
What costs to be expected?
The cost for an appointment as external data protection officer depends, among other things, on the following factors:
- Previous data protection organisation
- Existing data protection documentation
- Number of employees / branches / subsidiaries
- Existence of an internal legal department
- Existence of an internal data protection coordinator
We can discuss all this in a non-binding meeting, which then serves as the basis for the preparation of an offer.
Contact us and we will be looking forward to working with you to find the right model for your requirements.
Lawyer Michaela Berger, LL.M.
Specialist lawyer for IT law
certified data protection officer (TÜV Süd)
certified data protection auditor (TÜV Süd)